Benefits To Early Admission
Patients & Families
- Care that incorporates spirit, mind, and body
- Help with focusing on personal goals before death
- Full emotional and psychological support, developing a relationship with bereavement counselor earlier
- Education on how to improve the quality of life for their loved one, and how they can assist during their loved one’s final months.
Facility and Care Staff
- Improved communication with personal physician
- Added layer of expertise, support, and care for in-patient facility staff
- Preparation and coordination of financial coverage, advanced directives, medication, equipment and supplies.
- Effective management of medication, pain, and other symptoms result in greater comfort and fewer emergency hospitalizations
- Reduces stress from frequent unnecessary traveling to ER / hospital admissions
- Hospice can decrease stress levels that affect length of life
- Early election allows us to build longer relationships and improve care
- When pain and other symptoms are controlled, people feel better, and live longer.
- Patients and Families become knowledgeable with the dying process, and can achieve peace and comfort with pending death.
- Time allows experts to prepare funeral and financial planning, being logistically prepared relieves families so they can focus on their loved one when life matters most.
Early Election Benefits